Stay informed about great new reads each month!
10 Dos and Don'ts for BookCon
BOTM Hits the Biggest Book Conference in the U.S.
Book of the Month
We headed to Chicago for BookCon, the ultimate literary conference for readers, and we learned a few things. Between panels, celeb sightings (Tig!), and more books than you can swing a cat at, BOTM found amazing readers, generous authors and silly judges. And still found time to eat some deep dish!
1. DO pack a great book for the trip to BookCon.
2. DON'T forget to make a detailed schedule of all the important bookish events and authors you want to stalk...I mean, meet.
3. DO find a way to make Judge Liberty Hardy giggle.
4. DON'T scare the authors. Or gesticulate wildly and knock over the carefully organized stacks of books.
5. DO visit important Chicago landmarks. Even if it's raining.
6. DON'T get too close.
7. DO listen to smart people talk about their smart books.
8. DON'T hesitate when a BOTM author wants to take a selfie. Especially when that author is JT Ellison.
9. DO squeeze enthusiastic BOTM members you meet randomly in line.
10. DON'T leave without a bookish totebag.