Oops! The page didn’t load right. Please refresh and try again.

Get a free book when you use code SPRINGFLING.

Join today!
Ready Player One
Ready Player OneChristineDuane (58)
Bored

I think I might be the only person who is not a fan of this book. Ive made it 200 pages, I like the parts with Artemis and Aech. But the detailed descriptions are getting boring. Anyone else? Probably related to the fact that I hate video games in real life.

Ready Player OneChristinaNicole (10)
Loved this book!

Historical fiction/family narratives tend to be my favorite books, which is why this futuristic book about an orphan in the OASIS totally surprised me! I'd rank this among my top 5 books of all time! I felt so engrossed in the story, like finding each key was my goal, not Wade's. I loved the character development, the circumstances of the OASIS's rise and the threat of the IOI. This book is a 10/10 through and through.

Ready Player Onecrazycatlady (6)
Anyone here watch anime?

Just started this book last week and quickly came to realize that it's really familiar to Summer Wars.

Skeggjold (17)
I found it very similar to a lot of things: Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Ender's Game, The Last Starfighter. I was hard-pressed to find a single original idea, or even approach to an idea, in the whole novel.
MeghanMathis (1)
I loved Ready Player One and I felt that these similarities were part of the overall motif the author was going for. The story was about a man obsessed with culture making a game that was obsessed with culture so the author wrote in a style obsessed with culture. I found THAT to be the original idea...a book that was, in itself, an allusion full of allusions. I love how different people can come to such different conclusions about the same book. Its what makes talking about them so fun! :)
Ready Player OneGraceJinselli (6)
Amazing read

I really enjoyed this book! I related so much to the character and the hobbies we shared in common. I was also a little nervous as the gaming world would like to achieve the very technology described in this book. Overall this book was well written, easy to follow and just all around fun!

The characters developed in unique ways and to finally learn the back story to each was so amazing. I was hooked from the first page and couldn't put it down until I was done. Even when it finished, I didn't want it to be over.

JanetBelland (3)
This book seemed ahead of it's time. Not only does it protray a realistic future of virtual reality; it touches on today's issues of tolerance and acceptance of all beliefs, races and gender. Although I didn't understand all the 80's references, I still greatly enjoyed the book and look forward to the movie!
Ready Player Onelverboon (5)
Such a surprisingly enjoyable read

I purchased this book not knowing what to expect. I have been trying to complete PopSugar's 2016 Reading Challenge, and this qualified as a romance set in the future. I'm almost done with the challenge, and this was one of my few remaining categories because I was not at all interested in that theme. I've enjoyed so many of the "other favorites" on this site, and thought I'd try it. I had such a hard time putting this book down because I was so curious as to what would happen to the characters. Also, I loved all the references to the 80's.

karlene (1)
This book was awesome! It was definitely one of my favorites of the year. Ready Player One has such an interesting and unique plot. It was a nice change from the usual books that I read. I have also recommended this book to many of my friends!
Caitlin (1)
I agree! I ordered it on a whim and couldn't put it down! I have since recommended it to many others!