Oops! The page didn’t load right. Please refresh and try again.

Get a free book when you use code SPRINGFLING.

Join today!
Then She Was Gone
Then She Was GoneBethanyKalalau (7)
A Book I'll Never Forget

I was not ready for this story. This book shook me to the core. I had a hard time moving on due to the fact that this type of tragedy is sadly a reality in our world. The book appeared on an advertisement tv screen in the food court of our mall. My son wanted to know what it was about. I vaguely told him (he's 12) but was strongly reminded by the urgent message behind the story. It was a great conversation piece to use as my son and I discussed precautions of trusting people. I read this book months ago. My friend and I both talked after reading it. We both cried over the turmoil. Then yesterday I saw that book cover advertised which led to immediate goosebumps and sadness. The author was a genius. Its a book I'll never forget.

Then She Was GoneDallasSchmidt (4)
Obsessed

Finally getting around to reading this one...fighting the urge to pick it up and finish reading it under my desk at work! So intrigued by this story and a quick read. Definitely several moments where I could not wait to turn the page to the next chapter.

barnold165 (21)
Completely agree!
JeanieTillery (9)
Same! haha. I'm half way through and dying to keep reading it! Thought about making copies of the book so I can look like I'm reading a report at work! lol
Then She Was GoneAB1392 (1)
I found it odd that it was never explained how she was spotted

on a security camera when she was trapped in a basement.

barnold165 (21)
I think it was on CCTV in the town before she was kidnapped. At least that was my understanding.
Then She Was GoneLoriBarnes (1)
Yuck

Did not care to much for this book........just plain weird.

Then She Was Gonedaviser13 (1)
Amazing Read

This book was a book that was hard to put down!!

Then She Was GoneCarlyBalsamo (2)
Started this at Jury Duty...

Finished the next afternoon (at work, shh.) Great read.

Isabeldasilva (2)
Lol... I read at work too.
likekutcher (6)
Ha! I finished the last couple chapters at work too! So Good!
SylC (11)
I also finished in 2 days - it was a great read!
Then She Was GoneDonaAddona (1)
Fantastic!!!!

An absolutely great read that had you wanting more with each chapter. Brilliant!!!!!

Amanda (18)
Yes! Probably one of my favorite books so far this year!!
Then She Was Gonehp1022 (3)
Thoughts?

This was definitely a good read. Any spare moment I had I spent reading this book and I made my way through it fairly quickly. I love the writing style told from different points of view and from different times. I especially enjoyed that each chapter's ending made you want to quickly turn the page onto the next chapter. My only disappointment is that right before the big reveal I was already led on to know what was going to happen; there was no huge, shocking reveal. But, overall, still a great book! The ending was like an "oh well," ending, not necessarily happy but did tie up some loose ends. What was your take on the book?

LisaReinhart (1)
I 100% agree with everything you said! I was so excited every spare minute to sit back down and read this book. While I still loved the book, the ending was very underwhelming to me. I'd still recommend the book though. She did such a great job speaking as different people and their points of view. It was like someone else picked up the pen and paper are started writing. This is the first book of her's I've read. I'm going to find some of her others!!
Thoughts?

This was definitely a good read. Any spare moment I had I spent reading this book and I made my way through it fairly quickly. I love the writing style told from different points of view and from different times. I especially enjoyed that each chapter's ending made you want to quickly turn the page onto the next chapter. My only disappointment is that right before the big reveal I was already led on to know what was going to happen; there was no huge, shocking reveal. But, overall, still a great book! The ending was like an "oh well," ending, not necessarily happy but did tie up some loose ends. What was your take on the book?

Thoughts?

(1)
Agree 100% I also wish we found out who the father was. At one point in the story, I thought I read that Ellie hears two or three people talking while she’s in the basement right before she blacks out and I thought that would later reveal who the father was. Maybe I read that wrong?
barnold165 (21)
I think this was resolved in that the father was an anonymous donor that Noelle found and paid for online.
Then She Was GoneDebbiDuBose (1)
Lisa Jewel's best novel yet!

I just finished reading THEN SHE WAS GONE and I can't even begin to process all the emotions going through me right now. I want to cry and I'm also happy. What a story full of twists and turns! This novel is brilliantly written and an emotional read.

BethanyKalalau (7)
This book shook me to the core. I had a hard time moving on due to the fact that this type of tragedy is sadly a reality in our world. The book appeared on an advertisement tv screen in the food court of our mall. My son wanted to know what it was about. I vaguely told him (he's 12) but was strongly reminded by the urgent message behind the story. It was a great conversation piece to use as my son and I discussed precautions of trusting people. I read this book months ago. My friend and I both talked after reading it. We both cried over the turmoil. Then yesterday I saw that book cover advertised which led to immediate goosebumps and sadness. The author was a genius. Its a book I'll never forget.
AlisonBonuccelli (1)
I'm so glad to see that someone else is struggling with emotions after reading this book! It actually kept waking me up last night as I continued to think through it all. My heart hurts, but I can't really figure out if it's for Poppy or Floyd, or both. And then I wonder, how did they continue on with their lives after all that information? Oy - such a good book.
SylC (11)
Omg... I felt for Floyd and Poppy! I hated the ending for him.
Amanda (18)
I agree I am definitely emotionally wrecked after that ending!
RachelRider (1)
I finished reading the book this morning and absolutely loved it!! I've never read anything else by Lisa Jewel and this was a wonderful introduction to her work. I will definitely look for her other books.
kankrum3 (53)
Can't wait until I get to this one. I have a couple other books to read first though!
RobinLemke (8)
I’m so happy to hear that! Almost picked it this month but was unsure and promised myself if people loved it I’d add it next month. :)
AliStew (2)
Definitely add it! It was hard to put down, and definitely not the type of outcome I was expecting. In the best possible way.