Oops! The page didn’t load right. Please refresh and try again.

Get a free book when you use code SPRINGFLING.

Join today!
polkadotpolka
Behind Her Eyespolkadotpolka (17)

I felt the same way at the end--- WHY WOULD YOU GO IN THERE?!?

Since We Fellpolkadotpolka (17)

I agree. Maybe if it wasn't Rachel who "shot" him, it would have been Caleb instead so there was always going to be a "dead" Brian. It just depended on who shot him. I also wondered why even fake your death though--- Rachel was the only one who thought/knew he was dead. Why not just tell her then and get to the safe house? I don't understand the set up for that, unless I missed or am forgetting some part right now....

Since We Fellpolkadotpolka (17)

Kinda... That illusion lets you know that she more/less forgives Brian, or at least is going to work with him on this & not kill him or double cross him, BUT Amsterdam is far away. There's a lot that could happen. It would be nice to at least have them securely on their way to Amsterdam before ending like that.

Dead Letterspolkadotpolka (17)

I agree that it got better as I went along, but I was not overly impressed with the ending so it's really 50/50....

I'm Not Sure...

I'm feeling very conflicted right now.... I liked reading this book. I followed along with the clues and tried to piece together what was going to happen and what everything meant. I was engaged in their story and their life, feeling for the characters as they navigated this situation, but....

There are so many unanswered questions, but not in the cliffhanger-suspense-whathappensnext type of way. More like story holes. What was this big giant secret that separated Ava and Zelda for so long? Why would Ava forgive Wyatt? Why did literally everyone just think 'Oh Zelda is making me do weird things and alluding to her death, no biggie'? Why was Ava's passport in the green dress and not where it was supposed to be in her bag? Ava just never called Nico, at all, not once? How did Zelda know exactly when and where for every single piece--- twins or not, nothing was discovered really out of order or anything, even when clues from different ends of the alphabet were sitting right there the whole time....

Also, I don't really like that Zelda ended up dead. I get that she was paranoid about her possible illness and felt helpless with her family & the vineyard, but I also kind of feel like it was a cop out ending. Even if her decision making was skewed (which was mentioned as symptom of the disease), she planned this for SO LONG and had so many people involved in some way or another, but NOBODY was suspicious of her suicide when the barn burned down? Plus, would she really leave Ava all alone? From the little tidbits from the book, I'm not sure if I really feel that Zelda would kill herself outright like that....I don't think she needed to resurface, but her death just fell flat, in a way, which is the opposite of all the lead up to the ending.

Right!!! I have similar questions to you-- What was the big secret that the whole book is derived off of?!

I kind of assumed that Wyatt and Marlon disliked each other for regular reasons; Wyatt is mad because Marlon abandoned his family and he knew that it hurt Ava and Zelda, and Marlon disliked Wyatt because Wyatt is the guy that Marlon could never be (protective, put together, etc)

Ava is definitely pregnant at the end. With Wyatt's baby. Which is complete cop out of an ending.

I agree with you that Ava had every right to leave and get on with her life. She probably should have called her sister a bit more, but going to grad school, Paris or not, is a pretty legit thing to do, especially if your twin and boyfriend betrayed you.

I made a mental note that Chapter 1 was A, but didn't notice that it continued until way later...

Yup. All because his mama couldn't just leave it alone....

So mad at Louise! I spend the last chapters yelling at her in my head.... David says stay away from her, so she texts her to say what David is doing.... She falls into her text trap KNOWING that she is a liar and has severe mental issues that she does not know the full extent of... She had the chance to tell David everything about the dreams and then doesn't... She goes to the house. She sees a fire and doesn't call the fire department, but instead uses her mind trick, that the crazy lady taught her, to go check it out.... Again, instead of calling the fire department says "oh hey, let me body switch because that seems like a really swell idea because Adele has never tricked me before...."

I felt for Louise for most of the book, but some of her choices were realllllly lacking.... I ended up feeling the worst for real Adele. She was a serious innocent in all this.

That would have been a good ending! I ended up feeling really sad for real Adele and her naive little self getting taken advantage of by her supposed BFF that I think it clouded my opinion of the end with Louise... I felt kind of heartbroken for real Adele and was still shocked with Louise, but had hoped she was smarter than that... Poor Adam.

This would make a great movie... yes to that!

I agree with you! Even if we forget all her poor choices throughout the majority of the book and only focus on the end, I was actually really sad for Adele (real Adele) because she was just a girl who trusted a friend & ended up getting body swapped....but I did NOT feel as much of a loss with Louise since she completely led herself right to that ending. She did not have to text Adele after David left and she did not need to go over to the house. She REALLY did not need to dream-life herself out of her body and then into Adele's. Even if she ended up at the house, she could have just called the fire department.

However, as soon as she was in the bedroom, I knew she was going to try to body-hop and that it was going to be a trap....

(the twist ending I did not guess at all)

Lucky Youpolkadotpolka (17)

Yes. Just yes.

I agree with you! I think it was realistic---Chloe, Rachel, and Ellie have no clue where their lives are headed and that's the point of the book. I liked that not everything changed and it was open-ended.

I also got a cult vibe from the whole Project thing. I wasn't sure where the book was going to go in a dark & weird direction from there, especially since the book jacket summary really zeroed into the 'they want to get away and live off the grid'.