Oops! The page didn’t load right. Please refresh and try again.

Get your first book for just $5 when you sign up today with code NICE2MEETU.

Join today!
MellissaHodgson
An Anonymous GirlMellissaHodgson (4)

Yeah I finally went with An Anonymous Stranger and added on The Far Field because that book is 400+ pages so I know I'll be reading something for awhile! My co-worker is part of BOTM so she got No Exit and we will book swap when all done. I'll just have to check out Severance at the local library or something. And that last book, the romance one or whatever I could care less about so boom all good! It was stressful deciding though. Nice work BOTM!

The Stranger in the WoodsMellissaHodgson (4)

I picked American War as well. Do you have a specific two that you are stuck between? I usually look up each book on Amazon and read the description. But ultimately it's hard to suggest what kind of book you should read because I don't know what your interests are :)

PachinkoMellissaHodgson (4)
Eye Opening

I really liked reading the book Pachinko. I'm new to BOTM and it was a great first book to be introduced too. I love how the author goes through at least small tidbits of each characters life even if we only read about them for a couple of pages. I found myself pulling for one character and then something unexpected would happen that would make me change my whole perspective about that character and cheer for the opposite person. This was one of those stories that you didn't want to put down and when you did all you were thinking about was when the next time would be that you would be able to continue reading. I'm glad the author did research on the war in Korea because it helped the reader to feel like about of that world and sympathize with the characters in the book. Definitely a good read and I would highly recommend it. I skipped March's BOTM because none of them sounded interesting but hopefully "The American War" for April's BOTM will be good!