Oops! The page didn’t load right. Please refresh and try again.

Get a free book when you use code FRESHSTART.

Join today!
AlexGraham
The Silent PatientAlexGraham (4)

I picked The Silent Patient and then I chose Golden Child and Severance for add ons.

The GirlsAlexGraham (4)

Yeah, I kind of got that feeling too. Although, I was really glad that she eventually made a true friend at the end. I can't remember her name, but she was her roommate in boarding school. I kept thinking throughout the whole book that it was so sad Evie didn't have anyone she could call a real friend. It didn't seem like anyone cared about her beforehand. Even her parents didn't care enough to check on her from time to time. So maybe that's one of the reasons why Cline writes the story in past tense, so we end up knowing that eventually she finds happiness with someone.

Modern LoversAlexGraham (4)

I completely agree! It was better than what I was expecting. The characters were interesting and I cared about what happens to them. Although I also agree with you about disliking Andrew. He seemed like a bit of a weak husband for Elizabeth. I'm glad that they agreed to do therapy at the end. I loved Zoe and Jane's relationship! They seemed like people I would want to be friends with in real life. Overall, I'd say it was a great read!

The Association of Small BombsAlexGraham (4)

I liked this approach as well. It definitely humanizes the terrorists. I was a little confused about the part when Ayub wakes up from surgery to find out that a bomb has been implanted in his body. Is that something that really happened, or was it a hallucination (maybe a result of his paranoia)? I wasn't sure how to interpret that part of the story.