Oops! The page didn’t load right. Please refresh and try again.

Get a free book when you use code SPRINGFLING.

Join today!
Kagsw
Goodbye, VitaminKagsw (15)

Yes, they kept me interested.

Goodbye, VitaminKagsw (15)

This book was better than, All Grown Up. I like the quick wit of the writer and the human aspect and struggle of caring for a parent. The ending was sad, yet better than I expected.

All Grown UpKagsw (15)

I agree with you and AndieD. I thought the main character was weak. This book did nothing for me. I was not empowered, enlighten, or even entertained. It was a sad story about someone stuck in a rut. I am 41, single, and do not have children. She would not even be a friend of mine. Too many issues. Overall, I did like the way the book was written. I like that the chapters were based on different relationships and people. I was more interested in their stories then hers.

Dark MatterKagsw (15)

I agree! I just knew they had married or something in one of his worlds. I kept wondering where she was each time they got out of the box. What would have been her perfect life? Was Jason2 her perfect match or did something happen in her world that caused him to leave and look for that perfect family?

Whatever Happened to Interracial Love?Kagsw (15)

Yes, in a way. I think the meaning would be the same, but the response overall would be different because of the timing. Maybe because I am from the South, I think this may have been placed on the banned list and not easily accepted. I like how she touched on many issues. I also like the way she used humor and intimacy to keep us engaged.

Before the FallKagsw (15)

I also wanted to know more about the Captain and his mother. I was so upset that he did not make it after reading his story. What will now happen with his mother?

I thought he made it at first and they found him dead somewhere near the crash site. He was also not in a seat belt. It seems that those not in seat belts had a chance at survival.

I though something triggered Scott's memory during the interview and the recordings heard by Gus, confirmed to us, the readers, that Scott was being truthful the entire time.

All the Ugly and Wonderful ThingsKagsw (15)

I agree the ending was very simple and not what I would have expected. This was a great read that brought about many emotions, so I just expected the ending to come with a bang. I am not sure how I would have ended the book. Maybe with Wavy or Kellen realizing that the relationship was not what they expected. Wavy finding love in a relationship with a guy a little older than her and Kellen supporting her like a true father figure.

The MothersKagsw (15)

This book was about Mothers. The mothers of the church that guide young christians morals. The birth and adoptive surrogate mothers that shape our values. The mother that we choose to become and who shape the future. It shows the importance of women. Although the Pastor of the church is very powerful and the biggest figure in the church, women have a powerful influence on out lives. The book would have ended differently and not had the same impact if the Pastor, Deacons, Mr. Tanner, or Luke had told the story.

The MothersKagsw (15)

I liked that the narrative voice was the Mother's of the church. When you think about the mothers you think of them as wise ladies with great life experiences. Their story and insight plays a major role in the church and they are responsible for guiding and caring for the younger christian ladies. I do wish the author would have used this voice more in the book to pull it all together and allowed the to share their wisdom more with the reader.

The MothersKagsw (15)

Embarrassment... She finds a friend that she can trust and who finally understand the hurt that she feels because of her mothers absence and hurt behind the way she left, but this friend found a better way to express her pain. She just wanted to forget the whole thing; Luke, the baby, and the emotional pain.

The GirlsKagsw (15)

I agree with EZYEGGROLL. Isolation and the need for acceptance had lead many to committee violent crimes and deviant behaviors. Those around Evie noticed some changes, but never confronted her or just talked with her about the changes to her behavior.

The GirlsKagsw (15)

I enjoyed the middle-age Evie and found her more interesting than the girl from the summer of 1969. In present tense we would have lost the true need for affection, attention, and growth.

The GirlsKagsw (15)

I agree with the previous responses. This was more of a coming of age story than a gruesome cult story. This made the story more interesting and her experience more easy to relate to.