Oops! The page didn’t load right. Please refresh and try again.

Get a free book when you use code SPRINGFLING.

Join today!
KaseyBaril
A Woman Is No ManKaseyBaril (28)

Same. I've been recommending it to anyone I know. What a powerful book.

ArtemisKaseyBaril (28)

Spot on! Great review and I loved the article you shared, as well.

The Wife Between UsKaseyBaril (28)

This confused me, but I still liked that it happened. I just had to flip back through the book to see if the clues were there to put to this revelation.

Same here; it totally got me with that part. I had to flip back and re-read a few sections to realize they were the same person. -_-

I finished readying The Girl on The Train just after reading this book (The Wife Between Us), and it's almost the same dynamic. I was actually starting to confuse the 2 stories/plot points because of how similar they felt.

Lucky YouKaseyBaril (28)

YUP

Final GirlsKaseyBaril (28)

It's not an unpopular opinion. Yes, there's a lot of praise for the book, but there are people that have voiced their dissatisfaction with the book. I'm one of them!

Agreed with the comparison to E.L. James, haha! I was trying to pinpoint how the writing sounded/felt...

Final GirlsKaseyBaril (28)

LOL. All of this.

Also haha @ Sinking the Quincey/Cooper ship and RIP character-crush. Totally felt the same way. ;____;

The Chalk ManKaseyBaril (28)

Ooof. I didn't pick this book for my month's selection; however, definitely not adding it to my 'to read' list. Unfortunate that they book has so much likeness to Stephen King's works.

ArtemisKaseyBaril (28)

I have the same feelings... I didn't read The Martian, so I was going into this without any bias. I didn't even finish the book; I couldn't stand reading anymore. Reading this book felt like a chore.

"Jazz, who is a 26 year old adult female, not a 12 year old boy. "

I could NOT remember how old Jazz was while I was reading. Her personality was so immature I kept thinking she was much younger (maybe closer to 16).

I really tried to keep an open mind and think that it's possible for a 26 year old woman to act and talk the way Weir wrote her, but I think the book would have been better received if the character was male.

BonfireKaseyBaril (28)

Lol. I love this. Quick and to the point.

The PossessionsKaseyBaril (28)

Reading The Possessions definitely felt like a chore.

Lucky YouKaseyBaril (28)

Yup! Similar experience where I was waiting for something to happen and then the book ended...

The Dark LakeKaseyBaril (28)

(SPOILER)

I didn't watch One Tree Hill, but a lot of the parts of the book definitely read like a TV drama. Her son being kidnapped confused me and maybe could have been handled differently?

If you're a fast reader, maybe. I was a bit annoyed when I finished and went "serious, that's it?" I felt like I wasted my time.

Similar feelings upon finishing. I was getting annoyed with constantly being pulled into the mystery, another part of the puzzle being solved, and then we go back to Gemma and her life/backstory. She was boring and a tad unlikable..

Lucky YouKaseyBaril (28)

You're last sentence - that's exactly what I did when I finished the book. "...k"

The BlindsKaseyBaril (28)

I definitely agree with being bothered that it was /okay/ to just take the contracted kills because they were 'criminals' when the whole point of the town is that they've lost these memories. The people started new lives and had different personalities. The premise was interesting and I started to read the book more once the "sheriff" (because he wasn't really?) revealed he was the killer, but I was SO close to DNFing at 30% omg.

The BlindsKaseyBaril (28)

Completely agree. TBH, I was close to DNFing at 30%. Once Cooper said he killed the first guy I was hooked.

However, like you said, some thing came together too nicely or cleanly. Fran just happens to remember important information at the right time (seems almost Breaking Dawn esque where the kid shows up at the last minute and the ending is just FLAT).

I just don't like happy endings, lol. I wanted more drama.

A Million JunesKaseyBaril (28)

Can you elaborate more?

Lucky YouKaseyBaril (28)

Same. The book was average novel length, but it took me twice as long to finish; it felt like a chore.

The Love InterestKaseyBaril (28)

I honestly couldn't bring myself to believe she was so smart, powerful, and special. What were the LIC's requirements? What information could they gain from her? The only thing that made her special was this random, unbelievable "Dexter's Lab"-style garage she had, lol.

Agreed!!

All of this.

A quick and easy read, but not my favorite. I had high hopes for this book, and it fell flat.

Dead LettersKaseyBaril (28)

Same here. I was so embarrassed that I didn't catch on sooner. lol!

Lucky YouKaseyBaril (28)

Jumping in - All the Ugly and Wonderful Things was amazing. I highly recommend it!

Lucky YouKaseyBaril (28)

Nope. I kept reading to see if the book would get better and have a point/plot, but it didn't.