Oops! The page didn’t load right. Please refresh and try again.

Get a free book when you use code SPRINGFLING.

Join today!
LindsayChristianG
The Summer WivesLindsayChristianG (9)
Good read

I have to be honest, I was really confused the first 1/4 book. I couldn’t figure out the order of the chapters or who was who. But once I got it, I enjoyed it! I thought it was a little predictable too.

The Seven Husbands of Evelyn HugoLindsayChristianG (9)

I totally thought Evelyn was going to commit suicide & she chose Monique to write her memoir because of it. The revelation about Monique's dad was a surprise though! What I didn't understand was when Evelyn said that she didn't have any regrets or sins, knowing full well what she did to Monique's dad. I thought that was either inconsistent to Evelyn's character or she is more cold-hearted than how I perceive her to be.

The Seven Husbands of Evelyn HugoLindsayChristianG (9)
Best quote of the book...

This is the kind of book that I typically wouldn't pick up from the bookstore. But, boy am I glad I selected it. I loved the characters, mostly Evelyn, and the story line. I liked how the book was broken down by each husband. It made the storyline feel on "topic." The seven husbands were the topic, but it was Harry & Celia who were the thread the tied it all together. This quote made me stop in my tracks. I read it over and over......" People think that intimacy is about sex. But intimacy is about truth. When you realize you can tell someone your truth, when you can show yourself to them, when you stand in front of them bare and their response is "You're safe with me"- that's intimacy. " It made me think about the people in my life; who can I say THIS about? I love when books, especially fiction, make you start to evaluate different aspects of your own life. And make changes accordingly ;-)

PachinkoLindsayChristianG (9)

I loved this book too!!!! When I first opened the box, I thought "That's a lot of pages for having very small print." But when I was towards the end, I didn't want it to end. I loved the depth of description of each character. Noa's storyline rocked me.

Lucky YouLindsayChristianG (9)

I also was very disappointed in this book. At the end, I thought "what was the point in all that?"

All the Ugly and Wonderful ThingsLindsayChristianG (9)

I finished it in 16 hours!!! Couldn't put it down!!

LindsayChristianG (9)
I think with Wavy, she had a horrible upbringing. And here is a gentle but strong man who protective and cares about her. While the relationship is "wrong". She was exposed to things that she was much too young to understand and at the same time she had to grow up really fast. So I don't think it's a typical relationship of a young girl and an older man. I didn't take it like the author was trying to make it a sexy relationship or a perverted relationship. They started out being friends and caring for one another deeply and sometimes those feelings are mistaken for other kinds of love. I'm just so glad that in the end, everybody is going to be okay. It's going to take time but they will work through it.
Every Man a MenaceLindsayChristianG (9)

Saaammme here! I loved the book I got last month, but I'm struggling with this one. I've attempted it a couple times. Not all books are winners!

Every Man a MenaceLindsayChristianG (9)

I'm so glad you posted this! I'm still in part one and kind of lost. Hoping it will clear up for me too!